Today Mr. Brown from Channel 47 came to talk to us. He explained how he became interested in making films and editing. After sharing a video with us, he explained how some of the effects were created.
Last week we talked about internet safety and website evaluation. The kids practiced the skills we discussed by evaluating two websites:
These sights have been the topic of hot debate for the last week. Many votes have been taken to determine if the Tree Octopus is real and if there really is a Dog Island. Today we had some down time and the kids started drawing. There were lots of non-linguistic representations (pictures) of the ideas behind these two sites. Here are a few of the pictures…
Blue Team also did some powerpoints on internet safety
Today’s guest teacher is Mr. McKee the TRT from Olive Branch and John Tyler. Mr. McKee joins us just after his week long training for teachers in colonial Williamsburg where he taught the teachers about using film making in the classroom.
This week’s topic is the Jamestown settlement. Use your resource CD and internet search skills to find information for your projects.
For the rest of the week we will be working on projects that introduce Portsmouth to people in a variety of ways. Make sure to comment on your team blog so that you can let us know what you are learning.
We have all agreed to follow the following camp rules:
- Cooperate with your team and listen to your teammates
- Do your part on each project, and make sure it’s your best work
- Be nice…No fighting
- When doing your work use appropriate websites
- Be responsible, follow the camp directions and stay with your group
- Share with others when using the computer or other technology
Welcome to camp! We will spend most of the day getting to know each other. Today we will:
- Introduce ourselves with powerpoints
- Learn about teams and roles
- Create camp rules and learn lab rules
- Create a powerpointfor each team
- Learn about searching the internet safely
- Learn about blogging
Before you go home, go to your team Blog and complete the assignment there.