The March lead teacher meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 16th, at 4:15 pm. We will meet at John Tyler Elementary at 4:15.
Don’t forget about our first lead teacher meeting of the year! The meeting will take place on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 4:15pm in conference room 1 at IRC. Please make plans for someone to attend in your place if you are unable to.
Our February lead teacher meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 17th, 2009 at 4:15pm. We will meet at John Tyler Elementary in the large conference room.
A few reminders from yesterday’s meeting~
- Send your Hampton Roads Naval Museum schedules to Sarah ASAP
- The second nine weeks benchmark will cover materials from weeks 10-18
- Review cards were handed out for grades 6. Please get these to your teachers right away. You should have received 30 or 35, teachers may want to make extra copies/color coded copies.
Our next lead teacher meeting will be Monday, October 20th at 4:15 in the John Tyler Elementary conference room.
We covered several important things at our lead teacher meeting this past Monday.
- Please get the teaching schedules for ALL of the Social Studies teachers in your building and send those to Sarah and me as soon as possible! We need them so that we can plan our visits as efficiently as possible.
- The schedules for the Jamestown/Yorktown Foundation and the Hampton Roads Naval Museum visits were attached to your agenda. We need the number of classes and teaching times for those grade levels. Send the forms to Sarah at IRC or Lakeview.
- Please make sure that you have accounted for all the materials you passed out at the beginning of this year! You will be responsible for collecting those items at the end of the year and returning them to the Social Studies department.
If you have any questions call/e-mail Sarah or me!
The September lead teacher meeting will be held on Monday, September 15 at 4:00. It will be in the conference room at John Tyler Elementary.
Our April lead teacher meeting will be Monday, April 21st at 4:15pm at John Tyler.
We discussed a couple important things at yesterday’s lead teacher meeting. First, Sarah and I will NOT be doing the Traveling Trunks activity. Please discard that schedule. We are not doing this activity because we have received a grant from the Jamestown Yorktown Foundation, and they will visit our 4th grade again this year. Sarah has already sent out a schedule to the lead teachers. This needs to be back to her by March 7th, 2008.
We also handed out a list of upcoming Social Studies in-services. They should be posted/handed out to you, but you can also access the professional development schedule here:
Please make sure you RSVP to Mrs. West so that we have enough copies for everyone.
3rd and 6th grade teachers please remember that the Hampton Roads Naval Museum visits will begin in the next few weeks. Please let your principals/office staff know you will have someone in the building!
We also mentioned the Williamsburg summer opportunity. You should have received a handout with some information and the website where you can apply.
Since we have a three day weekend, our next lead teacher meeting will be Tuesday, February 19th, at 4:15 at John Tyler Elementary.